This position is a mix of distributive and clinical functions. The position reports to the Pharmacy Director and works directly with a team of approximately 20 associates. Cherry Hospital provides care ranging from adolescent to geriatric populations.
The work schedule for this position will be flexible. It will require some limited weekend, night and on – call responsibilities (approximately one week out of every nine weeks).
***This permanent position will work 30 hours per week and offers a competitive salary and full range of State benefits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
***Competency Level: Advanced***
**Management Prefers: Ability to work well within the interdisciplinary team model as well as independently. Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills are required. Good computer skills, especially to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with automated dispensing cabinets is preferred, but not required.
- Candidate should possess considerable knowledge of current practices and disease states.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a full staff complement, particularly medical providers and nursing staff is a must.
- Ability to counsel patients, peers, and other staff members.
- Position at times will be responsible for providing direction and instruction to pharmacy technicians and provide data for Pharmacy support staff.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from a recognized School of Pharmacy and licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of North Carolina.
***Competency Level: Advanced. Journey level applicants may be considered if no advanced level applicants are available.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
**** Please follow instructions to apply on-line (www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs) .
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) selects applicants for employment based on job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, political affiliation or political influence. Degrees must be from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Pre-employment drug testing and criminal background checks are required for all positions at Cherry Hospital.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference for employment with State Government must attach either Form DD-214 or discharge orders.
- The work experience section on the application must be completed ~~ resume in lieu of work experience will not be accepted.
- The following question must be answered on the application in order to be considered: # 8. Have you ever been convicted of an offense against the law other than a minor traffic violation?
201 Stevens Mill Road
Goldsboro , NC 27530
North Carolina Office of State Personnel - 13 months ago