Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing clinical pharmacy programs and strategies that are applied across various pharmacy and medical management venues. Works collaboratively with cross functional teams and a broad set of matrix partners to ensure timely execution of deliverables..
- Establishes and maintains expert understanding of key clinical, cost, and emerging practice trends
- Establishes strategic plan to achieve competitively superior health improvement value
- Establishes ongoing workplan that continually enhances existing activities related to key clinical conditions and pharmacy practices.
- Identifies, develops, and implements new actions that enhance Cigna's pharmacy management and health improvement value
- Engages with product and account management to ensure development solutions meet current and anticipated market needs
- Establishes practical, executable, measurable, and financially viable plans of intervention, including relevant reporting capabilities that strengthen evidence-based medicine performance
- Documents plans of intervention in a concise manner which focus on those interventions to drive clinical and business outcomes
- Coordinates and incorporates cross-functional expertise to create the most effective solutions possible
- Coordinates and incorporates financial/economic expertise to ensure high ROI solutions
- Applies and integrates effective intervention strategies across a broad array of POS, retrospective DUR and medical management capabilities
- Serves as an expert resource to sales and market interfaces within assigned area, ensuring that sufficient information is available to effectively communicate in-force value and strategic direction.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the healthcare industry, with focus on health insurance and/or pharmacy benefit management
- Clinical degree required (RPh, PharmD); MBA desired but not required
- Proven capabilities in strategic planning and large-scale project management including developing, planning, executing, and measuring program results.
- Proven program implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Written/verbal proficiency
CIGNA - 21 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...