The mission of the Palo Alto Institute for Research and Education, Inc. (PAIRE) is to facilitate research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). The range of research activities is broad and includes special emphasis on biomedical, health services, rehabilitation engineering, mental health and geriatric research endeavors. We also support various educational instruction or other learning experiences of benefit to employees and veterans.
PAIRE, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), is seeking a Clinical Research Assistant to provide administrative and research support for a large randomized controlled trial of online training in cognitive-behavioral therapy skills for PTSD, the VA, and community-based mental health providers.
This is a regular, part time, non-exempt position.
As a condition of employment, all PAIRE employees are required to have an approved (WOC) appointment with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) before they can commence work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Individual occupying this position will work with the Program Manager and research team to ensure successful weekly conduct of the study, including:
- Communicate with actors, raters, clinicians, supervisors, participants, and other members of the research team throughout the study;
- Schedule participant interviews;
- Maintain participant tracking;
- Conduct literature reviews of research relevant to the study;
- Contribute to writing of research studies based on previous datasets;
- Maintain project files;
- Take minutes of team meetings;
- Other administrative tasks as necessary.
All PAIRE positions require the completion of a background check.
- EDUCATION: BA/BS (or equivalent) in Psychology or related field desired; MS/MA or other graduate-level training in Psychology or related field strongly preferred;
- YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 1 year of experience working in social science research desired;
- Excellent personal organization skills;
- Experience with social science research processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Environmental Conditions / Physical Demands:
PAIRE is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- No exposure to blood borne pathogens;
- No exposure to radiation;
- No exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals or reagents;
- No exposure to a lab environment.
PAIRE, Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard