Completes project activities associated with monitoring functions of Phase I-IV clinical research studies while developing mastery and a thorough understanding of the drug development process, Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and relevant regulations. Provides clinical and technical support for Clinical Research Associates (CRA) I and II and administrative staff. Performs management of study site activities to ensure the integrity of clinical data, in adherence to all applicable regulatory guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Project Specific Operating Procedures.
1. Communication - Maintains timely and effective communication among team members and site staff. Routinely anticipates/identifies potential issues and implements corrective actions independently. Keeps project leadership apprised of team issues, seeking guidance as needed. Demonstrates effective conflict resolution.
2. Regulatory Documentation - Assures compliance with local regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)/ International Conference of Harmonization (ICH) and GCP guidelines, and Company and Sponsor SOPs. Maintains current regulatory documentation according to Essential Regulatory Document Guidelines and Trial Master File (TMF) Plan. Participates in TMF and on-site audits as requested. Responds to less complex findings without oversight and may require guidance to respond to more complex/serious findings. May be responsible for submission of regulatory packages to ethics committees and/or competent authorities.
3. Monitoring - Responsible for site management and site staff performance including: monitors all types of clinical trials; participates in all types of site visits; assures compliance with all protocol requirements; assures effective patient identification and recruitment plan is in place; assures timely reporting of Adverse Events (AEs)/Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and protocol violations; ensures proper storage, dispensation, and accountability of all Investigational Product(s) and trial-related materials; regularly reviews the status of the contents of the site regulatory binder; exhibits effective time management skills; may perform training visits with less experienced CRAs; and may perform assessment of less experienced CRAs during the sign-off visits.
4. Data Handling - Performs source data verification according to contractual requirements. Assures timely completion and submission of Case Report Forms according to Clinical Monitoring Plan and/or Data Management Plan. Assures timely and accurate completion of Data Clarification Forms. Proficient with multiple data capture systems/methodologies in course of monitoring. Performs clinical data listings reviews as needed.
5. Reporting and Tracking - Completes and submits reports according to SOP/Works Instructions (WI) or Sponsor requirements requiring minimal revisions. Maintains awareness of key study performance indicators for own sites, e.g. Telephone Communications Reports, patient enrollment, and SAEs. Updates study and patient status information and serves as Clinical Trial Management System resource for Project Manager (PM)/Lead CRA. Tracks Investigator payments/milestones. Documents and tracks the resolution of all outstanding site-specific protocol-related issues from visit to visit.
6. Administrative - Prepares for and attends Investigator meetings. May attend Customer and Business Development meetings. May present materials, as requested. Assists with the preparation of study start-up materials and tools, as requested. Attends clinical monitoring staff meetings, project team meetings, clinical committees, and clinical training sessions according to the project communication, monitoring, and/or training plans.
May assume role as local or regional Lead CRA and/or assist with LCRA activities, e.g. tool development, study plans, and team training. Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Extensive travel may be required (more than 50%).
Skills & Attributes
BA/BS degree in science/health care field or nursing degree or equivalent combined education and experience. Moderate clinical research and independent field monitoring experience. Thorough understanding of SOPs, WI, FDA, and local regulations as well as ICH GCP guidelines and an intermediate understanding and application of applicable therapeutic standards. Strong organizational, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills as well as a willingness to work within a team-oriented environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Effective command of written and spoken local language, if not English, as well as English. Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment. Must have valid, current driver's license and ability to secure corporate credit card. ACRP CCRA or equivalent certification/credentials strongly preferred.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract.
Occasionally required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
INC Research is an EEO, M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace. INC Research voluntarily participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
INC Research is a company headquartered in the United States and that the personal information collected on its websites may be sent to, stored or processed in the United States or to any other country in which INC Research or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. While INC Research is committed to providing your voluntarily disclosed employment application information with a reasonable level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. By using the INC Research website and/or providing INC Research with personal identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer and the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
INC Research - 23 months ago
INC Research is not fazed by the four phases a new drug has to go through to get from idea stage to commericial adoption. The contract...