Clinical Research Associate
Location – Any US location
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Working within a highly qualified team our Clinical Research Associates (CRA’s) identify, select, initiate and close-out investigational sites for clinical studies in phases IIIb – IV ensuring adherence to applicable regulations and principles of ICH-GCP.
Overview of the Role
Managing sponsor generated queries efficiently and taking responsibility for study cost effectiveness; you will also participate in the preparation and review of study documentation and feasibility studies for new proposals as required.
- Working independently and proactively to coordinate all necessary activities required for setting up and monitoring a study, completing accurate study status reports and maintaining study documentation. You will be involved in the submission of protocol, consent documents for ethics/IRB approval and assist in the preparation of regulatory submissions as requested.
· Depending on your level of experience, you may assist in training and mentoring less experienced CRA’s and/or manage CRA’s working on international projects.
Role Requirements / Skills / Experience Required
· With a Bachelor’s degree in medicine, science, or equivalent; you will have two years previous monitoring experience in medium sized studies, including study start-up and close-out. You should also have knowledge of ICG GCP guidelines and the expertise to review and evaluate medical data.
· Fluent in English, as well as the local language, you will possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to deal with queries in a timely manner. You should be able to produce accurate work to tight deadlines within a pressurized environment.
· You must be available to travel at least 60% of the time (international and domestic -fly and drive) and should possess a valid driving license.
· You will have the opportunity to progress your career and may wish to move into Project Management or into other related areas where you can further develop your skill set.
Working for ICON you will be provided with an excellent benefits package
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career. In addition you will have the opportunity to develop within your role and take on further responsibilities or develop your skill set within other related departments of ICON.
Following your application if you are successful you will be invited to an initial telephone interview with one of our dedicated recruiters who will be able to provide you with more details of this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Contract research organization (CRO) ICON is not iconic yet, but it would like to be. By the time a new drug hits the market, it has passed...