The Clinical Research Associate (Follow Up) will be responsible for assisting with data management processes including organization and processing telephone contact and mailings to patients in the Cardiovascular Registry for follow up data collection. Conduct quality assurance checks for completeness of the follow up data collected from different sources, including obtaining proper documentation of clinical events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform follow up phone calls to patients in the Cardiovascular Registry for contacts (one month, six months, one year, etc.).
- Generate follow up letters and mailings to patients in the Cardiovascular Registry for contacts (one month, six months, one year, etc.).
- Obtain proper documentation of clinical events and prepare documents for adjudication review when needed. Gather supporting documentation (ETT results, Cath reports, CABG reports, PCI reports, laboratory results, EKGs, discharge summaries, office progress notes) as needed.
- Prepare follow up data collection forms for data entry and conduct quality assurance and accuracy checks.
- Assist the Clinical Cardiovascular Registies Manager, physicians, and fellows with research projects which include coordination of follow up data collection processes, quality assurance, and adjudication of events collected from follow up data.
- Additional assignments may include but are not limited to data entry of follow up data, copying, sorting, and dispersing information to the appropriate places as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in a health related field or previous experience in a clinical research setting preferred. Computer skills (Microsoft) required. Nursing degree preferred.
Experience: Previous work in clinical research setting.
Special Qualifications: Knowledge of Cardiovascular cardiac procedures. Possess the ability to communicate effectively with patients and other staff members.
MedStar Health Research Institute - 11 months ago