The Research Associate (Chart Review) will conduct chart review of patients undergoing angioplasty procedures or other admitting diagnoses at the Washington Hospital Center per current review requirements/request. Monitor internal documents for accuracy and completeness of case report forms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct chart review of patients undergoing angioplasty or other admitting diagnoses at the Washington Hospital Center per current review requirements/request.
· Ensure accurate and timely submissions of Registry data.
· Assist in obtaining proper documentation of clinical events. Gaither supporting documentation (ETT results, Cath reports, CABG reports, PCI reports, Laboratory results, EKGs, discharge summaries, Office progress notes) when needed.
· Prepare data forms for data entry.
· Perform other duties assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
Experience: Ability to read and interpret clinical data. Previous work in a clinical setting preferred. Previous experience in cardiology preferred.
Special Qualifications: Knowledge of Angioplasty and other cardiac procedures a plus. Possess the ability to communicate effectively with patients and other staff members.