Plans, organizes, and conducts research in assigned clinical department for use in own work or in projects of the institution by performing the following duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Registers new patients into COG website; after patient has been consented protocol must be entered.
- Consents new patients to COG ; work with doctors to see which protocol best fits patient, verify protocol is open, print all consent forms and have signed and distribute copies to patient’s family, hospital and research notebook, print out road maps and treatment schematic and distribute to doctors, nurse, parents and hospital.
- Sends specimens for Biology studies; follow proper procedures for sending specimens, send copies of these directions to pathology and the lab.
- Keeps all notebooks up to date; patient notebooks and roadmap notebooks. Make sure recent clinic visits and hospital stays are in notebooks. Contact BSA and NWTH for up to date info on hospital stays for patient notebooks.
- Works with Lubbock CRA and make sure she has all info she needs. Work with outside institutions that patients have visited for patient follow-up and reports.
- Reviews protocols: Open protocols(35 available to register patients), closed to accrual(no patients can be registered),follow-up(patients that need to be followed), completed(final data analysis is done), pending(protocol to be opened) and drafts.
- Runs reports: SDO reports(upcoming amendments, safety reports, closures, memos), SADD reports(patients), submit report to IRB , submit reports to COG , submit reports to QARC , submit reports to CTSU (amendments, continuing reviews, study closures, partial closures, data administration information, action letters, adding new protocols to our data base.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a field of study related to the clinical research trial plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
Certified Clinical Research Professional as defined by The Society of Clinical Research Associates
Documented completion of progress towards attaining certification as a Certified Clinical Research Professional as defined by The Society of Clinical Research Associates, with full certification obtained within two years from date of hire.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Knowledge of IRB and COG rules and systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 21.15
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 10 months ago