Description: The Clinical Research Coordinator 2 assists with and coordinates activities associated with clinical research. Coordinates care, screening, recruitment, research exams, medical record review, and data entry; prepares study related documents as outlined by the research protocol. Collects and processes required specimens within scope of training. May perform physical measurements, vital signs and other diagnostic tests as stipulated by study protocols and within scope of training. Maintains accurate documentation and study records and may obtain informed consent for non-interventional studies. Maintains current knowledge of all industry trends affecting national and local research activity. Works independently and balances priorities upon receipt of project direction of study leads and Associate Director. Performs other duties as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be able to coordinate activities of assigned research studies, and prepare study related documents.
- Will need to complete medical record reviews, data entry, and collect and process required specimens within scope of training.
- Must coordinate care, screening, recruitment, and research exams. May need to perform physical measurements, vital signs and other diagnostic tests as stipulated by study protocols and within scope of training.
- Conducts subject interviews, administers surveys and/or questionnaires, completes pain documentation.
- Must review each project’s protocol, enrollment criteria, inclusion/exclusions, and recruitment plans at the onset of the project with the study leads, PI, and Associate Director. Participates in orientations for new research studies and ongoing projects required meetings.
- Will ensure completeness and accuracy of all study documentation including study participant records, delegated regulatory documents, and department reports. Creates study specific documents as required. Maintains study logs and other study documents as required.
- Must assist with the completion of safety reports on adverse reactions of patients involved in the study for reporting to study sponsor and the IRB, PI, project lead and Associate Director as required. Advises study leads, PI, and associate director of any unusual symptoms/concerns reported by study participant and of any concerns with study conduct.
- Coordinates referrals, scheduling appointments and charge entry processing for research related activity.
Codebusters is a group of smart health information professionals, working hard to make sure patient data is squeaky clean. Get to know more about Codebusters, the health information super team at www.codebusters.com.
Have any HIM friends looking for work? Refer them to us and earn $500! Link below:
Codebusters - 8 months ago