The Clinical Research Nurse (LookAHEAD Study) coordinates and implements clinical research protocols. Responsibilities include patient recruitment, scheduling of patients, interviewing patients, obtaining informed consent, obtaining blood, and/or urine samples, performing routine laboratory and clinical procedures and nursing functions, maintaining study supplies, source documents, case report forms and assisting with IRB applications and progress reports. Functions and participates as a member of the Clinical Research Section Team.
The hours for this role are 7:30 am-4:00 pm; Monday-Friday.
- Documents patient care, source notes, and advice in accordance with established Joslin Policy and procedure and the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing Rules and regulations
- Demonstrates excellent clinical skills relating to the execution of protocols and procedures.
- Assists in the collection of data and monitoring of clinical process to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Coordinates the clinical care of study subjects at both the initial screening as well as subsequent interim visits. Clinical care to include: assessments/screenings of general health (H&P), evaluation of adverse events, dispensing study medications, obtaining vital signs and electrocardiograms, performing phlebotomy, IV insertion, and laboratory procedures, and patient education.
- Functions as an education resource for clinical research members.
- Implements study protocol including ensuring all subjects have read and signed appropriate consent forms, and in certain situations obtains consent documenting study drug accountability and assessment or patient compliance with study goals. Functions as a liaison among the study participants, study coordinator and the principle investigator.
- Participates in the data collection and monitoring of clinical process to ensure continuous quality improvement. Data collection includes, but is not limited to obtaining blood and urine specimens according to protocol and processing and shipping samples as indicated by protocol. Demonstrates the ability to analyze and interpret lab data results.
- Documents pertinent patient information at each visit in a detailed and concise manner on designated report forms for all study subjects. Documentation to include: treatment or care, adverse events, and educational compliance.
- Functions as a patient/family advocate demonstrating an understanding of patient rights and ethical standards in the conduct of clinical research.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of nursing experience
- Experience in diabetes management preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal and clinical nursing skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to practice independently, multi task, and utilize critical thinking skills
Joslin Diabetes Center, dedicated to conquering diabetes in all of its forms, is the global leader in diabetes research, care and education....