- RN License
- 2-3 years clinical research experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 2 -5 years (full time) clinical nursing experience.
- Pediatric clinical nursing experience preferred
- ACRP certification a plus
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
As a Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator II in the Clinical Trials Office you will:
• Functions independently in a clinical research setting and be responsible for the complete coordination of assigned clinical research activities conducted within the CHOP healthcare network.
• Be responsible for multiple projects and must possess full knowledge and understanding of all assigned clinical protocols.
• Assignments may include Investigator-held IND/IDE trials
• Will be expected to train, educate medical and clinical staff on protocol and regulatory responsibilities, and interact directly with sponsors (as appropriate).
• Responsible for research activities, including: subject recruitment, confirmation of subject eligibility, informed consent process, completion of case report forms, data clarification, IRB submissions, chart abstraction, hosting monitor visits, organizing site initiation visits, protocol feasibility assessments, protocol budget reviews.
• Expected to meet enrollment projections within study specified time lines.
• Hosts in-services on floors and may be assigned to assist a more junior coordinator with an in-service.
• Must be knowledgeable on, have full understanding of, and promote good clinical practices (GCP) and will be held accountable for adherence to all policies and procedures surrounding these processes and for maintaining up to date knowledge on these policies from IRB, FDA, ICH, GCP, or other sources.
• Will be expected to train and precept junior coordinators.
• Other responsibilities include but are not limited to CPR certification, CHOP mandatories and competencies for nurses, yearly Point of Care Testing, physical assessment, maintaining a current nursing license, vital signs, administering investigational drugs and accessing lines for labs and pharmacokinetic sampling.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 9 months ago