Profil Institute for Clinical Research is seeking a Full time Clinical Research Physician to provide medical leadership, oversight, and management of human clinical trials while ensuring the integrity of the studies and the safety and well-being of human subjects. Perform duties in accordance with company’s values, policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned at the company’s sole discretion.
- Perform medical histories, physical exams, and protocol based assessments for qualification of subjects for studies.
- Determine suitability of study volunteers for enrollment.
- Admit, discharge, and monitor subjects including reviewing labs results, EKG’s, and telemetry.
- Review training documents and complete any accompanying quizzes
- Supervise mid-level practitioners
- Assess and manage adverse events and medical emergencies.
- Participate in safety and dosing assessments
- Function as sub-investigator and/or Principal Investigator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medical Degree plus one year of clinical experience in adult medicine.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment. Understanding of basic physiology of glucose homeostasis, diabetes, and obesity. Ability to manage medical care of diabetics, obese subjects, and other common medical problems, including medical emergencies.