This position will have responsibility for managing multiple projects in the WTC Health Program Data Center (DC) at Mount Sinai. The DC is responsible for coordination of a multi-site medical program providing annual screening examinations, mental and physical health treatment, public health reporting and investigation of health outcomes among more than 26,000 WTC responders.
The Data Analysis and Health Reporting (DAHR) Core Director will report to the DC Administrator and the DC Director. Responsibilities will be to coordinate complex clinical information to improve the research workflow of all outside and inside researchers. Coordinates and manages the creation and provision of clinical data to support clinical research for the WTC Health Program as well as the general clinical information needs of NIOSH and the Principal Investigators/Directors and Clinical Centers of Excellence (CCEs).
* Direct and support the implementation of detailed project plans in collaboration with DC teams to implement strategic priorities; establishing goals, defining deliverables/timeframes and evaluating performance with goal of ensuring that federally mandated deliverables are completed and provided on a timely basis.
* Has full accountability and responsibility for implementation and facilitation of projects related to federal deliverables including public health reporting and research support, data entry and cleaning projects, creation of analytic datasets and coordination of clinical outcomes reporting including administration of scientific writing groups and provision of assistance in manuscript preparation and tracking.
* Responsible for operational support of all projects of the DC except for Clinical Consortium Coordination and clinical leadership.
* Facilitate timely and responsive communication between DAHR, Systems Management and Operational Reporting (SMOR), DC Quality Assurance, CCE directors, funder and stakeholders, including responder organizations, public health and labor organizations.
* Coordinate multiple cross-organizational project plans to manage internal and external resources to ensure schedules and deliverables are met.
* Develop and maintain project status reporting to track implementation schedules, deliverables and resources.
* Develop and maintain process to identify and report obstacles/barriers to meeting project objectives.
* Act as liaison between team leaders and members
* Responsible for internal project communication. Ensures that all team members are informed of changes in direction or any other information related to their ability to perform their role in the project. Supervise team 8-9 members directly.
* Take lead role in issue resolution for projects, mediate conflicts and ensure that key people are included in resolution so that issues can be resolved in a timely way.
* Work with IRB/HIPAA team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Identify process and workflow changes required to meet the implementation goals
* Create and maintain project plans with milestones and work with team members to produce deliverables on time and within budget.
* Work closely with the Systems Management and Operational Reporting on implementation issues
* Review reports and projects for accuracy and compliance with programmatic goals
Minimum of a Master's degree in health care management/administration, public health, medical informatics, epidemiology, biostatistics, information technology, computer sciences or its equivalent. PhD preferred but not required.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 10 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center