CLINIC MANAGER R.N.
Reports To: Medical Director
Salary Range: DOE
Status: Full-time; Salary;Exempt
Ensures nursing care is provided to assigned patients by utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standards within the Health Center and the State Board of Nursing. Works closely with the CPO and Medical Director to ensure high quality care is provided. Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence and the philosophy and mission of Desert AIDS Project in all aspects of job performance. Provide leadership and foster teamwork.
· Coordinate and supervise patient flow in the clinic.
· Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Coordinator;
· Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of the Medical Assistants, LVN and other related staff
· Work closely with Case Management and Home Care staff to ensure continuity of care;
· Coordinates Guatemala medication program.
· Works with CPO and Medical Director as it relates to the delivery and coordination of care;
· Works with CPO and Medical Director regarding Health Center policy and procedures.
· Ensure that medical standards and guidelines are implemented and maintained throughout the Clinic.
· Participate in monthly Medical Management Meetings.
· Participate in community forums/medical education programs.
· Ensure that all required data collected for input is complete and represents an accurate accounting of services performed.
· Provide clinical and administrative training of clinical staff (RN, LVN and MA).
* Supervisory duties to include timecard review, annual evaluations, coaching.
TRAINING EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
· RN licensure in the State of California
· Minimum of seven years experience in a clinic, physicians office, medical facility, public health department, or similar facility;
· Experience in laboratory reporting to include patient instruction, triage, patient assessment and specimen requirements;
· Experience working in a non-profit clinic preferred.
* Previous supervisory experience;
* Leadership skills;
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS care and treatment and sensitivity to issues and populations impacted by the disease; HIV specialty preferred; Knowledge and experience in the care and treatment of diseases associated with HIV/AIDS and sensitivity to issues and populations impacted by the disease.
· PHN preferred.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with medical and non-medical personnel in a clinical setting;
- Exercise independent judgment and make effective plans;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Ability to engage in complete delivery of care in an effective and professional manner;
- Delivery of quality customer service.
- Provide leadership for Health Center / DAP staff.
- Provide training and supervision to nursing staff.
- Become proficient in the utilization of the electronic medical record system as it applies to this position.
Desert AIDS Project is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace. We encourage women and miniroities to apply for open positions. We value diversity.
Desert AIDS Project - 17 months ago