This is a fee for service position. LCSW required.
To provide individual group and/or family therapy to people with emotional problems in an outpatient clinic setting in order to maximize functioning, and prevent hospitalization.
M.S.W. Degree required. Certification by the New York State Department of Education required.
- Act as primary therapist to a caseload and perform case management functions as necessary.
- Communicate with family, collateral, other agency staff and coordinate services with other agencies, on behalf of clients.
- Conduct individual, group and/or family therapy as appropriate to client need.
- Conduct intake screening and psychosocial evaluations of assigned clients.
- Develop and implement outcome-oriented treatment plans, in conjunction with case psychiatrist when necessary.
Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security and other entitlements helpful.
Demonstrated competency in written, verbal and computational skills to present and document records in accordance with program standards.
Experienced in and demonstrated comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the interdisciplinary planning process and the developmental treatment model.
Three (3) years post M.S.W. experience preferred.
Specialized training and experience in working with disabled preferred.
Experience in working in short-term/solution-oriented modalities and groups preferred.
Hempstead, New York, United States
F·E·G·S - 20 months ago