Vital Decisions is seeking counseling/social work Supervisors to manage and clinically supervise counselors who deliver an innovative telephone-based counseling service to terminally ill patients and their families. Using patient-centered counseling techniques with behavior change strategies, the Vital Decisions “Living Well Program” empowers patients to identify their quality of life priorities, and to become more active in communicating these priorities and integrating them into their medical decisions.
Supervisor has direct responsibility for all clinical and administrative oversight of counseling staff including: monitoring of productivity and management of caseloads for assigned counselors, conducting individual and group clinical supervision of staff, participating as part of the recruiting and training of new counselors.
The ideal Supervisor candidate will have:
- Masters Degree in a clinical discipline (social work, counseling)
- LCSW or LPC, with active credentials to supervise in accordance with NJ clinical guidelines
- 5 years clinical experience
- 3 years supervisory experience
- 2 years management experience
- Experience with MI (motivational interviewing)
- Experience in behavior change counseling and patient empowerment
- Comfort with issues surrounding illness, death and dying
Positions are located in our Edison, NJ headquarters as well as in our new Cherry Hill, NJ office.
Full-time candidates will be considered at this time. Position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.