The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day clinical operations and monitoring productivity of therapists ensuring optimal service provision and compliance with regulatory and/or funding agents.
1. Directly manage and oversee the clinical services provided by the Behavioral Health Services Program, ensuring compliance with regulatory and/or funding agents.
2. Development of clinical services to meet the continuing and changing needs of the population served.
3. Provide supervision, instruction, incentives, disciplinary actions, training and coaching, evaluation of performance and approval of external training/conferences.
4. Establish and monitor standards for clinical staff productivity and efficiency.
5. Work cooperatively with the Office Coordinator to ensure standard operating procedures between office staff and clinical staff.
6. Function as Primary Therapist and maintain a fifty percent (50%) productivity standard.
7. Participate in on-going training to maintain and enhance expertise in field.
8. Establish and maintain positive relationships with other providers of service.
9. Participate in committees within and outside of the organization as appropriate.
10. Establish and maintain quality assurance protocols that insure quality services, positive outcomes and cost effective programs.
11. Facilitate and coordinate treatment team meetings including assignment of cases and monitoring caseloads.
12. Recommend staffing patterns, recruit, interview and hire personnel with the division.
13. Ensure adequate clinical coverage by therapists.
14. Provide or delegate crisis management coverage, either by phone or in person.
15. Maintain records of complaints from clients, families or other treatment providers.
16. Maintain positive safety standards consistent with published safety regulations, directives and commonly accepted safety procedures.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health Services.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university. Currently licensed and registered as a Certified Social Worker by the New York State Education Department (LCSW/LCSW-R).
2. Three (3) years of professional experience, including supervisory experience in providing services to persons diagnosed as mentally ill.
3. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
4. Proficiency with operating multiple computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets and email.
"People with disabilities are encouraged to apply."