Clinical Supervisors – |
Bronx Scatter Site (HIV/AIDS), Dona Rosita I (permanent congregate housing) Bronx, Dona Rosita II (permanent congregate housing) Brooklyn
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
Comunilife runs New York City’s supported scatter site housing program for people with HIV/AIDS. This program provides clients with well-maintained individual apartments and a full range of care coordination and supportive services. Since 1994, we have created an outstanding track record. The vast majority of our residents remain in their apartments for as long as ten years, paying rent on time and in full. Many move on up to paid employment; and a small but consistent percentage leave our program for independent housing.
We are looking for a Clinical Supervisor to supervise and train case management staff of the HRA HASA Scatter Site Housing Program. This position coordinates the delivery of social support services for all clients. The Clinical Supervisor also assists with the intake process of new clients. Major responsibilities include administration of the program, monitoring program services, building relationships with other agencies, and supervising and evaluating social service staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ensuring every client is receiving case management services.
- Ensuring effective delivery of support services from case managers for every client.
- Coordinating and supervising efforts with case management and maintenance staff to ensure a minimum monthly occupancy rate of 95%
- Coordinating and supervising efforts to place new HASA clients in vacated units within a maximum of 30 days from referral.
- Ensuring initial and medical assessments are conducted, and comprehensive service plans are developed that identify mutually agreed upon long and short-term goals.
- Reviewing and providing supervision in the development of case management service plans and ensuring that reassessments are conducted on a quarterly basis (at minimum) to ensure that services are appropriate for the client’s current needs.
- Providing oversight and supervision in the delivery of mental health and alcohol/substance abuse services and referrals, including assistance in accessing primary medical care, adherence to medication regiments, activities for daily living, nutritional services, recreation programs, employment assessments, training, private sector placement, prevention with positives, and delivery of any other services necessary for clients to increase their capacity for independent living.
- Ensuring that all client linkage agreements are monitored and updated, as necessary.
- Supervising and coordinating efforts to provide assistance in obtaining and maintaining all government benefits and services for which the client is potentially eligible.
- Ensuring that all case managers assist clients who are incapacitated, unable to budget, and/or comply with their fiscal responsibilities by applying for Representative Payee Status, if necessary.
- Ensuring that all case managers seek, secure, and maximize all potential offsets with their clients, specifically by collecting the portion of income that is set aside by State and/or Federal authorities for rental payments from those clients receiving Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability, veterans benefits, or pensions that would be an offset against the amount that Comunilife would receive from HRA pursuant to the program budget.
- Assisting and supervising case manager efforts to help clients locate alternative housing options when a client’s health so requires.
- Providing regular supervision of the staff performance in the provision of client services.
- Maintaining all documents necessary for quality assurance review by Comunilife or HRA.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, or yearly reports as requested by HRA.
- Providing supervision and training to all social services staff. On occasion, accompanying social service staff to client sites to assure quality assessments
- Reviewing and monitoring psycho-social assessments, service plans, and client charts to assure completeness of documentation
- Conducting monthly interdisciplinary team case conferences and providing leadership for these meetings
- Conducting weekly supervisory conferences with each staff member of the case management team to review case records and client status and progress
- Contacting HASA to arrange intake interviews for new clients and completing intake interview forms for each new client
- Providing the Program Director with information on the status of new referrals on a weekly basis.
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of HIV/AIDS case management supervision.
- Knowledge of HRA Scattered Site Program guidelines
- Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, vocally, and to listen actively.
- Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- Licensed Masters in Social Work (LMSW) or New York State Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW).
- Two (2) years to five (5) years supervisory experience, overseeing a case management team.
- Individual, family and group counseling experience required, particularly with HIV/AIDS affected populations and/or substance abuse individuals.
- Candidates with experience in Scattered Sites Programs, bi-lingual, bi-cultural in Spanish preferred.
- HIV/AIDS pre-test and post-test certificates.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.