Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations and over 50 infusion suites throughout the country. Our more than 2,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV patients every day. Please visit our website at www.coramhc.com.
- Identifies customer issues that require the attention of a nurse or pharmacist.
- Documents all communications in the patient clinical chart and obtains co-signatures from a nurse or pharmacist that relate to patient care.
- Initiates Discharge Summaries, discharges patient therapies in the system, and changes patient status to discharge for Company nursing patients.
- Manages master schedule for nurses working within their assigned territories and add to weekly nurse visit schedule for new and existing patients.
- Responsible for determining optimal staffing coverage through a territory management plan utilizing a flexible staffing ratio of full-time, per diem and agency nurses to maximize productivity that is consistent with the management and organizational goals.
- Verifies daily nursing visits and coordinates changes in scheduled visits on the master schedule. Reports changes to supervisor and/or pharmacy staff.
- Retrieves nursing report and/or on-call messages each morning and reviews on-call printout at the daily morning meeting.
- Coordinates subcontracted nursing agency visits as directed and approved by Nursing Manager. Follows the agency billing policy.
- Performs timely date entry of nursing notes in to the computer system.
- Tracks visit corrections from nursing variance reports as directed by the Nurse Manager. Communicates changes required to the appropriate Patient Financial Service Center representative.
- Notifies the primary nurse case manager with therapy changes or nursing orders.
- Assembles and maintain patient clinical charts and files documents. Gathers information for the initial admission packets (Patient Resource Guide) for new patients and reviews all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Responsible for the tracking and timely retrieval of signed POTs and nursing orders
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- At least one year related experience in coordinating activities, administrative support functions, customer service, experience as nursing assistant, pharmacy technician, home patient representative, or customer service representative is preferred.
- Excellent computer, communication, and organizational skills
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee may be occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee occasionally works near moving parts and electrical equipment.
(or Coram Healthcare
) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Coram - 9 months ago