The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital was established to set a new standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. OASIS provides excellent patient services and the highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.
Our singular focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive procedures. Our goal is to provide first-class surgical services for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
The Clinical Systems Analyst works under the direction of the Director of Information Technology (IT). The Clinical Systems Analyst will be responsible for providing expert support for the hospital‚s Meditech 6.0 environment and other clinical, physician, and administrative applications. The analyst will play a critical role in the transformation to a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Other responsibilities include; working with a team to implement and support current and new applications and upgrades, provide training to clinical staff, collaborate with various hospital departments and physician practices to increase efficiency and use of electronic information systems. The Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for support in building applications and coordinating projects with corporate, hospital staff, users, and vendors. This role will maintain the integrity of the Meditech Clinical application modules and other hospital systems including daily, weekly and monthly system requirements and operations. Will work cooperatively with departmental management to insure optimal usage of the Meditech Clinical application modules and systems that integrate with Meditech. Stay current with the MEDITECH HCIS upgrades and enhancements and maintains a strong working relationship with the support personnel at MEDITECH and other Clinical Systems
* Previously worked in one of the hospital clinical departments to be automated (i.e., Nursing, Pharmacy, Laboratory or Radiology).
* Significant exposure to and knowledge of hospital and clinical department operating policies and procedures.
* Awareness of how, when and to what extent different hospital departments relate to and communicate with one another (e.g. nursing stations to the clinical departments, admitting/registration to the clinical departments, the clinical department to the billing department).
* Strong communications skills with the ability to listen well to others. * Well organized with proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
* Ability to positively motivate non-subordinate department personnel to desired actions in meeting project goals and Systems installation, maintenance, support and application development.
* Manages medium size projects that may involve one or more departments as well as the integration of systems and processes within and between hospital departments.
* This position is also responsible for the integration of clinical Department Managers (Core Team Leaders) assigned within each clinical department (e.g., planning for and conducting training and software testing).
* Identifying and assisting in the resolution of issues arising in the clinical modules and issues that overlap the clinical departments relating to the setup and operation of the hospital information system (e.g., common mnemonic design for dictionary entries).
* Evaluates workflow and recommends re-engineering of processes around utilization of computerized applications to maximize departmental and organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Participates in the development of the high-level and detailed project plans, project scope assumptions, project implementation and milestone dates for projects, system upgrades, etc.
* Conducts detailed initial needs analysis for each project, including integration with other systems, security, training and hardware and software requirements. \Assists in the design and building of software data-entry screens and forms.
* Develops system documentation and user manuals for Meditech application modules.
* Evaluates problem situations in-depth, arrives at independent conclusions and coordinates problem resolution for issues related to information systems use and implementation within the user department.
* Analyzes testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of system enhancements. Works with department super user to develop testing scenarios. Tests or oversees testing of application functions. Evaluates testing results and takes corrective action as necessary.
* Provides ongoing analysis, maintenance, and technical and functional support for Meditech application modules as well as any other vendor systems. Identifies system deficiencies and analyzes system problems and solutions. Independently comes to conclusions and implements corrective action.
* Maintains an expert knowledge level of regulatory requirements regarding information systems. Assures compliance with regulatory and professional standards in area of responsibility, including: staff training, database design and maintenance, data integration and transmission and security and confidentiality
* Formulates system scope and design objectives through research and fact finding to configure vendor maintained systems or develop and modify in-house system.
* Prepares detailed specifications from which vendor systems will be configured and/or programs will be written.
* Participates in the on-call 24x7x365 and hospital off hours rotation for I.T. department.
Skills / Requirements
- A Bachelor‚s Degree in Nursing, Pharmacology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Clinical operations and process understanding
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills (including Meditech build)
- Minimum of 4 years clinical and information systems experience including recent Meditech dictionary build experience
- Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty preferred, if available
- 3+ years experience in Meditech clinical application support * Experience with modules: NUR, PHA, PCM, CPOE, LAB, etc.
- Must be experienced in systems implementation and analysis methodologies and techniques.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies and familiarity with current information and telecommunications technology is essential.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, relevant technical and problem-solving skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrates customer-oriented service excellence principals, as outlined in hospital standards and core values
OASIS Hospital - 17 months ago
Oasis Hospital is located in the quieter, more traditional city of Al Ain, in the United Arab Emirates, an easy 90 min drive from the...