Tennessee Oncology is seeking an experienced Clinical Systems Analyst to join our group. This is an excellent opportunity for long term success with an established, stable and successful practice.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Serve as the primary clinical resource for related clinical information systems. Plan and design solutions and resources needed to meet goals/objectives, facilitate the integration of data, information, knowledge and /or systems to support improved productivity, efficiency, decision making, and/or quality outcomes in all roles and health care settings.
Responsible for implementation and management of system configurations, analyzing data, and information requirements. Provide clinical and technical expertise as a consultant to the user community, branch locations, and affiliates or manages sites, Information Technology, vendors, etc.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve in a leadership role to coordinate with electronic health records (EHR) users to assess needs and objectives
- Serve as the organization’s application expert, ensuring the system set up supports workflow decisions.
- Design, test, and modify complex system approaches and required enhancements
- Design, construct, implement and maintain reports as needed
- Participate in the development and enforcement of EHR policies, standards, and procedures
- Create and maintain documentation for supported systems and enhancements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the EHR and future software developments
- Serve as the primary liaison with IT department
- Identify issues and disagreements and takes positive steps to solve it to facilitate collaborative resolution and strengthen working relationships.
- Support the User Acceptance testing (UAT) & operations testing of the system with the client
- Analyze and resolve/escalate issues during UAT & operations testing. This will include detailed issue escalation and resolution through interaction with other departments and, where appropriate, the escalation of complex or system wide issues to the appropriate individual
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Document problem resolution to make them available for future reference by other users
- Provide information, advice, guidance and updates throughout the project in order to assist management to eliminate risks and increase the likelihood of project success.
- Skilled at;
- defining/asking key questions to help discover needs
- at building trust by communicating effectively with/about status, issues
- at developing and presenting convincing recommendations that address key objectives
- at setting appropriate expectations with/and managing clients
- Ability to translate ideas, thoughts, feelings into speech that is appropriate and understood by the audience
- Understanding of clinical functions to assess the application of technology solutions and enhancements that impact the effectiveness of these functions
- Effectively present information in a manner that is clear, fluent, and to the point; demonstrates ability to adapt communication to audiences and engage the audience.
- Able to manage own behavior and control emotions, think clearly and remain positive when faced with negative responses, actions or difficult situations.
- Understand the principles to unite a group into an effective team.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPEREIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor degree
- 3 years clinical nursing experience in oncology
- At least 2 years’ experience working with electronic health records
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
- 2 years’ experience involving the implementation, establishment, updating and/or maintenance of an information system
- Project management experience
- Report development experience
- Informatics experience
Location: (1) Full Time opening at our Baptist clinic – Downtown Nashville
- Normal classroom training environment along with one-on-one at clinic locations
- Frequent travel throughout Middle Tennessee area between clinic offices, administrative home office, and other satellite locations
- Occasional lifting required
Days & Hours: Monday – Friday / Days, some weekends, if necessary, for implementation
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career in Health care, please take a moment to share your background with us by submitting your resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (615) 750-1766. Tennessee Oncology offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, excellent work schedule (M-F) and benefits programs including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k and Profit Sharing Plan. Most benefits begin immediately.
Tennessee Oncology, PLLC is committed to leadership and excellence in oncology care. We believe that each patient deserves the highest...