APS Healthcare is an administrative services organization for various WV DHHR programs such as those of the Bureau for Medical Services and the Bureau for Children & Families.
The Clinical Database Specialist is a fundamental member of APS-West Virginia, managing the local systems data, data interfaces and reporting for all WV programs. This role ensures a coordinated, accurate set of local databases, which compliment corporate applications, providing the State meaningful data through web-based software designed for high efficacy.
• Designs, develops and maintains local systems and is a liaison to corporate IT
• Significant contributor to client specifications collection, requirements gathering, design and implementation of new products.
• Designs, oversees & conducts User Acceptance Testing of local and corporate applications, identifying problem areas and potential solutions.
• Coordinates and manages local software systems/databases to meet deliverables and reporting requirements.
• Provides training and technical assistance to providers, contractors and APS staff on applications and related matters.
• Serves as EDI liaison with providers, client(s), other state contractors and corporate.
• Generates routine and ad hoc internal and external associated reports/data compilations, assuring the accuracy of such reports and data therein.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology (related field)
• Minimum 2-5 years experience in a technology position/environment.
• Working knowledge of database structure, SQL and HTML formats helpful.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SQL Analyzer
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with efficient keyboarding.
• Excellent organizational skills (follow-up and follow-through), exercise urgency when appropriate
• Ability to maintain friendly and professional demeanor in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, contributing substantially in whatever mode.
• Excellent working knowledge of various relational databases
• Commitment and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality/security pertaining to member PHI.