Supports the patient care team by performing multifunctional activities in support of direct patient care. Cleans and stocks assigned unit; assists patients with bath needs, food trays, ambulating, etc. May also provide general clerical support and one-on-one sitting time with patient.
1. Education and Training
- Graduate of approved Medical Assistant program with one (1) year related medical office experience and/or a 160 hour externship within a medical care environment that was completed within the past five years is preferred
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience that must include phlebotomy, vital signs, bathing, and ambulating will be considered in lieu of education
- One (1) year of nurse aide or STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) is preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- One (1) year experience providing direct patient care that must include vital signs, bathing, ambulating and phlebotomy is preferred.
4. Physical Requirements
- Basic computer skills are required.
5. Population Specific Competency
- Requires full range of body motion which may include handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- May require exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
The incumbent will have the ability to effectively interact with populations of the patient (and his or her representative) with a sensitivity to the communication needs (other language, deaf or blind) and with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
6. Commitment to Service Excellence, Coworkers and our Non-negotiable Standards
Committed to providing exceptional customer service to our patient and visitors. Committed to treating coworkers with respect and dignity and will follow our Non-negotiable Standards to ensure a consistent positive experience for all patients, employees and visitors.
7. Attendance and Punctuality
Adheres to the hospital attendance policy and will make every effort to consistently be punctual when reporting to work and during daily activities.