About Episcopal Social Services (ESS):
For almost 200 years, Episcopal Social Services (ESS), accredited by the Council on Accreditation, has helped meet the pressing needs of the vast numbers New York City's disadvantaged. ESS has remained flexible in responding to the changing needs of the disadvantaged with an unchanging mission to help children, families and other individuals become independent and self‐sufficient, and to make the most of their opportunities and potential. Today ESS, through its multi‐site programs and services, meaningfully touches over 5,000 lives every year throughout all of New York City, with an emphasis on the South Bronx and Manhattan. ESS's non-sectarian work focuses on strengthening children, families and adults through programs in foster care and adoption, early childhood education, after‐school initiatives, and group homes for developmentally disabled adults.
ESS is currently seeking a Clinical Therapist to work in the Therapeutic Nursery in our Early Childhood Education Department. The Clinical Therapist will provide play therapy/counseling for Pre-K students with special needs. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Effectively managing assigned caseloads
• Planning therapy activities that meet IRP goals and requirements, as well as the needs of the children
• Observing classrooms and consulting with educational staff
• Active participation in weekly team meetings, child study conferences and in-service training sessions
• Providing support and assistance to parents through inter-agency contracts
• Writing psycho-social evaluations and other necessary documentation, including: intakes, referrals to CPSE, updates, process notes, contact notes and any Department of Education documentation, as needed.
• Performing Crisis Intervention as needed
• Other duties may be assigned
• Masters Degree
• New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker- LMSW or LCSW
• Prior clinical experience performing psychoanalytic play therapy with Pre- K students with special needs is required.
$45,000-$48,000 per annum
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.