Job Title: |
Clinical Unit Leader
Mount Prospect, IL
Manages nurses, behavioral health clinicians, and vocational rehabilitation consultants to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of clinical and vocational rehabilitation services to the disability claims organization. Works with the claims management team in the planning, enhancement, and implementation of work flow processes and claims administration which contribute positively to financial outcomes and customer service delivery.
- Teams with other Specialty Services Managers and Claim Unit Managers to develop and articulate a vision and plan for Clinical and Vocational Rehabilitation Programs.
- Leads the team to successfully meet business objectives.
- Directs and motivates nurses, behavioral health clinicians, and vocational rehabilitation consultants in a professional and cost effective manner to contribute to successful claim resolutions.
- Assists management to analyze reports and outcomes, identify trends, and to recommend plans of action to insure effective and efficient use of clinical and vocational rehabilitation services.
- Serves as a liaison among the specialty services teams and claim management teams, collaborating with Claim Unit Managers, and Operations Managers, and Directors to ensure optimal delivery of services to internal and external customers.
- Actively participates in sales presentations to prospective and existing policyholders.
- Maintains positive customer service relationships.
- Manages and performs multiple projects to create opportunity and process to support change and improve business performance.
- Handles budgetary and financial planning aspects for assigned units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- Registered Nurse license or Certified Rehabilitation Counselor designation
- 5+ yrs. disability insurance case management experience
- 2+ yrs. people management experience
Three to Five Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 9 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...