Direct and perform loan-closing function for the team which includes all non-credit issues from the point of loan approval through loan finaling. Complete verification and monitor conditions. Maintain understanding of and ensure compliance with all regulations and procedures associated with loan closing. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers by providing consistent high quality service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to customers and exceeds their expectations. Work in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Loan Closing: Direct and perform loan closing function for the team from the point of loan approval through loan finaling. Coordinate and prioritize workload for loan closing activities. Responsible for contacting realtors, attorneys, etc. to ensure correct documents are available for closing. This includes: document preparation, authoring appropriate communication, initiating title work, resolving title exceptions, pre-closing conditions, scheduling, coordinating and leading closing meetings, confirming the accuracy of pricing and fees, ordering lien searches, recording and filing documents, and finaling the loan.
2. Customer Service: Establish, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships by providing a consistent quality level of service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to the needs of the customer. This includes face-to-face interactions, telephone communications, written correspondence, and electronic communication. Take ownership of the issue until resolved to the customer's satisfaction, which may include involving other team members. Responsible for assisting in the identification of future customer needs. Seek cross-selling opportunities.
- Level 15: Accountable for risk associated with unresolved title exceptions.
- Level 16: Accountable for risk associated with unresolved title exceptions. Demonstrate expertise in loan closing activities. Independently handle moderately complex issues.
- Level 17: Accountable for risk associated with unresolved title exceptions. Consistently and independently handle even the most complex issues (i.e. facility loans).
3. Complete financial, legal entity and fraud verification as it relates to loan applicants.
- Level 16 & 17: Consistently achieve results in cross-selling core products.
4. Monitor post-closing activities associated with the loan transaction.
5. Provide back-up for other Closing Specialists to accomplish workload in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
6. Provide back up to the Customer Service Coordinator (CSC) position, including but not limited to answering phones, assisting with walk-in traffic, and handling loan accounting.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Tech Coach: Serve as a technology resource for the retail office team by assisting with minor questions regarding new technology, workstations, software, and printers. Interact closely with Omaha technical support staff to implement technological changes and enhancements. Inform technical support staff of common issues/problems. Perform assigned procedures to backup the office server and serve as a primary contact for on-site vendors (Dell, QMS, QWest, etc.).
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Champion: Create desire for CRM by the marketplace team. Is an advocate of customer relationship management. Sell the benefits of CRM and embrace the sharing of information. Act as a teacher and coach and share ideas.
3. Provide support to company initiatives and cross-functional workgroups as needed.
4. Mentoring: May mentor other Closing Specialists.
- Level 17: Consistent contribution to implementation of company initiatives and changes at the marketplace level. High-level and/or frequent participation in cross-functional workgroups and company initiatives.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Level 17: Consistently mentor, train and/or coach Closing Specialists or other team members.
Level 15: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of three to five years related education and/or experience required. Two or four year college degree or specialized training preferred. Must possess Loan Closing Certification as provided by internal legal team.
Level 16: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of five years of related experience and/or education required. Four-year degree and/or specialized training preferred. Must possess Loan Closing Certification as provided by internal legal team.
Level 17: Must meet specifications and perform duties as outlined for Level 16 above and meet majority of those items outlined as Level 17. Demonstrate specialized job knowledge in addition to exemplary team skills and mentor role within peer group.
Duties required for all levels:
- A broad working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America processes.
- Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of FCSAmerica loan products and services including insurance products.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Basic knowledge of financial principles and their application to credit delivery.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong human relations, written and oral skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of Association credit policies, procedures, standards and guidelines required.
- Ability to use loan origination system, loan accounting system, and computer systems and software applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
Extensive internal contact within lending office team and other lending office teams. Extensive contact with customers closing loans, title attorneys and title companies. Regular contact with Retail Credit Underwriting and other Omaha teams.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to operate a telephone; fax machine, calculator and a computer proficiently.
- Ability to hear telephone conversation and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and to give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Provides sound technical advice to clients and potential clients in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understands and explains various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, respond to customer needs and/or other related work activities.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to travel by automobile to carry out essential function of the job 5 – 20%.
- Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to work some irregular hours.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment
Farm Credit Services of America - 17 months ago
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...