Position Code: 13-PD-102
Reports To: Director, Cloud Applications
Department: Cloud Applications
You love to build highly scalable, secure and interconnected systems? You know how to build clean and easy to use REST based API’s? You know how to optimize large data queries and speed up data delivery to our client? Then you are at the right place. Our backend system has a REST based architecture. We need you to help us expand and build those services!
The Complete Genomics Cloud Application team is working on next generation applications in the field of Genomics. We believe in having small teams of highly influential engineers who have the resources required to do what needs to be done. If you want to help make an app that could have a measurable, positive impact on the lives of people, then join our team.
- Build highly scalable applications to work with big data sets of Genomic Data
- Design and coding of server-side logic and REST APIs in Groovy and/or Java, using the Grails/Spring/Hibernate frameworks
- Work on all levels of code from database interaction and core business logic up through data delivery and the interface
- Build scalable and secure infrastructure specifically targeted to cloud resources
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product teams to define product requirements
- Enforce code quality through test driven development
- Working in an agile, supportive and creative team that is passionate about building great web based applications from concept to launch. So be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing server side web applications with Java, Grails, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience building server side REST/JSON APIs
- Experience in Spring Security with complex authentication and authorization schemes
- SQL experience
- Experience with Git
- Experience in writing unit tests
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- Start-up mentality (fast-paced, flexible and team-oriented)
Desirable, but not required:
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis or Memcached
- Experience in building realtime web applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Open source contributions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a technical major
- Equivalent of 3 or more years in a Developer position
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...