In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building the foundation for next generation web platform. You'll support and extend running applications & assist in the design and development of new applications. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment which means test-driven development and pair programming. We are evolving towards a dev/ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments.
We have many projects running in parallel including Cloud technologies, Infrastructure automation, and SOA REST based web applications.
Description of Skills:
· At least five years of relevant systems software engineering experience
· BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
· Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
· Developing Spring/Java/Maven applications
· Freemarker Template design and implementation
· CSS/JS, SASS, SCSS, JQuery experience
· Aggressive Refactoring
· Test Driven Development (TDD)
· High comfort level with Unix
· Experience with other development languages (Groovy, Ruby)
· Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Rackspace, Google App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
· Pair Programming (Social Skills)
· Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
· Experience with testing frameworks (Junit, Spock and JBehave in particular)
· Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
Please submit answers to the following questions with all submittals:
Based on your experience, what is your most- and least-favorite thing about pair programming?
How much pairing would you do in a typical day of your ideal job?
How often do you refactor?
How do you keep current with emerging trends, tools, and technologies in the software industry?
Please complete the following and send back with your updated resume.
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card / Others):
Tanson is EOE/AA
Tanson Corp. is a Minnesota based Technology Company offering competitive services in IT consulting and staff augmentation, providing technology staffing, consulting, and project-based services in onsite, offsite and offshore environments. To view all our positions take a look at "Careers" at www.Tansoncorp.com
Tanson Corp. - 19 months ago