As a Cloud Infrastructure Solution Architect you will help Enterprise and ISV organizations architect Windows Azure and Amazon EC2 based solutions with primary focus on migrating existing on premise solutions to the public cloud and extending on premise computing and network infrastructure to the public cloud. You will focus on helping customers plan the migration of core IT infrastructure such as Active Directory, Sharepoint, SQL Server, Biz Talk, Email along with core Windows and Linux workloads to the public cloud (Azure or Amazon EC2). You will help assess, transform and migrate customers core IT services to the public cloud. In addition, you will drive prototyping of solutions (along with our development teams) demonstrating compelling use cases for cloud based solutions leveraging “Infrastructure as a Service” (Azure/Amazon EC2), “Platform as a Service” (Azure) and when applicable integration with “Software as a Service” solutions such as Office 365.
You will identify opportunities for reusable building blocks, patterns and solutions, creating an arsenal of top quality and applicable intellectual property for creating, migrating and managing high quality cloud solutions. You will help grow the technical capabilities of the organization and grow Azure community mindshare by working towards becoming an Azure MVP and speaking at cloud events and webinars. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building technical relationships and working on new technologies. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range and size of audiences from developers to CXOs is a must.
1. Current MCSE Certification.
2. 5 – 6 years designing, architecting and/or managing infrastructure focused Microsoft platform based solutions as an IT Architecture or Solution Consultant.
3. At least 3-6 months of exposure to Windows Azure and/or comparable cloud platforms.
4. 6 months experience working with core virtualization technologies including Hyper-V, VM Ware and SysPrep. Demonstrated experience sizing, configuring, managing virtual disks, compute and images.
5. 6 months experience setting up and configuring Virtual Private Networks (VPN) with both hardware and software solutions, Subnetting, Virtual Networks (VNets) and experience connecting public cloud or hosting providers to enterprise networks.
6. 1 year experience using powershell to Automate and Script management of systems, automation deployments and configuration.
7. Hands on experience using System Center or similar management software to manage systems and devices in the corporate network.
8. Experience architecting, deploying and managing an Active Directory environment that spans multiple geographically distributed locations.
9. Experience architecting, deploying and managing multiple Sharepoint and/or SQL Server solutions into a production environment
10. Experience leading small teams and delivering solutions is highly desired
11. Experience architecting, designing, consulting & selling Microsoft platforms based solutions
12. Demonstrate excellent understanding of Web Sites (IIS), Web Applications and Web Service, SOA Concepts
13. Experience designing, deploying & managing multiple Linux based solutions a plus.
14. Experience migrating customers to Office 365 a plus.
15. Ideally located in major US city, Ideally New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco (Bay Area) or Seattle.
16. Potential for up to 50% regional travel.
17. Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal (English) and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required
18. Candidate must possess exceptional demonstrated decision-making, conflict resolution, and problem solving and negotiation skills.
Skill sets needed
1. Assist Aditi and Microsoft project teams with technical/competitive/architecture discussions and deliverables for both pre-sales and post sales delivery.
2. Develop and deliver prototype solutions on Windows Azure or Amazon EC2 to validate architectural concepts
3. Engage in Solution architecture “whiteboard” sessions with ISV & enterprise architects
4. Engage with Architects & CXO’s on drill down sessions on Windows Azure and other key components of the Microsoft Cloud Strategy
5. Articulate the best practices in cloud computing solutions using the Windows Azure platform
6. Speak at events, conduct webinars, author white papers, conduct webinars on Cloud Computing
7. Contribute to development of statements of work and project estimates.
8. Ensure Aditi deliverables are aligned with technical architecture and vision you create for solutions.
Windows Azure and/or comparable cloud platforms, Hyper-V, VM Ware, SysPrep, VPN, C#, .Net
Aditi - 19 months ago