Does working with cutting edge technology in the cloud computing space excite you? Do you enjoy tackling new and unusual problems everyday? Do the words maintainable, scalable, and efficient and 100% uptime keep you motivated? If this describes you, it may be time for you to bring your passion, talent and dedication to MeLLmo as our Senior Systems Engineer. Intrigued? Keep reading….
As a professional System Engineer, you utilize your experience to create and manage systems (Windows & Linux), ensure system scalability, secure high availability, and maintain thorough performance metrics monitoring and tuning to optimize system capabilities. Using your Systems expertise, you tackle problem solving in unique ways for our cloud-based customers while providing superior support through innovative solutions to maintain sustainable and maintainable environments. Because its what you love, you adeptly install, configure, update and troubleshoot services such as Apache, MySQL, Postgres, Java, Puppet, Scale and many others as you collaborate with Engineers and System Administrators on technical issues. As a natural technical leader, you make architectural design decisions, solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems as well as work closely and collaboratively with the software development teams. Because you understand the importance of keeping the system up, you take pride in quickly resolving outage issues with exceptional root cause analysis to prevent further downtime.
- Bachelor's degree. Strong preference for technical discipline like Information Technology, CIS, MIS, etc.
- 10+ years of experience managing large-scale distributed, cloud networks including expertise in scalability, availability (clustering and load balancing), co-location of servers, deployment, performance metrics monitoring, performance tuning and infrastructure cloud set-up.
- Advanced proficiency in infrastructure security design and implementation.
- Expert in Linux and Windows as well as proficiency with command lines for both platforms.
- Ability and willingness to work a rotating on-call.
Having started as an innovative start-up in San Diego, CA, MeLLmo has grown to a mid-sized company with sales offices opening in Shanghai, London and elsewhere while retaining our start-up attitude and culture. Sequoia Capital, the venture capital investors behind Google, Cisco, Linked-In, Apple, PayPal, YouTube and Yahoo invested $30M into the company in Q3 of 2011 to ensure our status as the leader in mobile Business Intelligence.
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (i.e. EC2, ELB, S3, etc.).
- CISSP certification.
- Proficiency with Puppet & Chef.
MeLLmo offers a fun, entrepreneurial environment where those passionate about what they do thrive. If you are excited about this opportunity as it describes your talents, send us your resume. It only takes a few minutes and may turn out to be the best decision you make in your career! We look forward to hearing from you!