Netflix isn’t your average company, and this is not your average security position. Providing a phenomenal video streaming experience is the driving force behind Netflix’s growth, and the Netflix cloud platform is the technical foundation for this experience that millions of users enjoy. The Cloud Security team is responsible for the security of this cloud platform, from our infrastructure and tooling to our web applications and persistence layers.
Ours is not a typical, ‘command and control,’ centralized security team - the Cloud Security team is part of the Cloud and Platform Engineering group, and we work alongside our engineering partners to securely build and operate large scale web applications on our cloud platform.
We’re working on challenges like:
- Integrating security into an agile, DevOps environment (including continuous deployment)
- Security monitoring and analysis for distributed systems
- Partnering with innovative vendors to solve security problems unique to the cloud
- Automated firewall, access control, and policy analysis
- NoSQL (especially Cassandra) security
- Running regulatory compliant (e.g. PCI, SOX) systems in the public cloud
If tackling these kinds of challenges and working on a large scale service enjoyed by millions of people around the world sounds interesting, we’d love to talk to you!
We know great security engineers come from a variety of backgrounds - here’s a general description of the experience we’ve found most useful on the team.
- Several years of security experience with large Internet sites
- Experience with e-commerce and web application security
- Programming and/or operational experience with Java web platforms
- Linux/Unix experience
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
- AWS experience, including EC2, S3, and other services
- Experience analyzing and combining data from various sources to provide insight and solve security problems
- Solid understanding of HTTP, SSL, RESTful architectures, and TCP/IP networking
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...