Come join the Bitcasa team!
Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, a prime location on Castro street, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
At Bitcasa the Cloud Storage Architect will build our core storage services. You’ll be building highly scalable storage servers, implementing distributed agents to manage storage clusters, or iterating on our file encryption architecture. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that complex storage solutions are scoped, architected and designed to ensure a successful implementation. You will be a critical member of a small team that is changing the landscape of the storage industry.
Education and Work Experience
- Architect and implement new features of our core storage services
- Build globally distributed storage systems at scale
- Hands on system deployment, solution and performance optimization experience with EMC, NetApp, HP, Fujitsu, Data Domain, Brocade or other large scale enterprise storage systems
- Solid experience and knowledge of storage system protocols such as SCSI, FC, iSCSI, FCoE, NFS/CIFS/pNFS
- Solid understanding of storage technologies evolution trends
- Strong knowledge of storage system management and storage system reliability
- Ability to quickly learn and evaluate new technologies through prototype implementation
- Experience with Scala, Akka, Java NIO, Netty or similar technologies
- Experience with distributed file systems or object stores, such as Swift or S3
- Expertise in building distributed, client/server systems in the web application space
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and performance optimization strategies
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment both as an individual contributor and as a technical lead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years experience in related field