At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
The Tier 2/Cloud Support Engineer is responsible for completing cloud migration project work for clearly defined and advanced technical projects. Provide Tier 2 Network/Server support for on demand and scheduled customers. If we were to sum up this role it would be, Technical and Detail Oriented. In addition, builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this role, a Tier 2/Cloud Support Engineer must:
SKILLS AND QAULIFICATIONS
- Gather required technical information to scope a project and deliver migration of data of customers from 4 seats to 400 seats as assigned.
- Map out stages of a project
- Complete project wrap-ups to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Understand hosted migration methodology in detail.
- Deep understanding of SharePoint, DNS and routing.
- Ensure all changes completed during a project are documented in a timely manner.
- Execute the assigned migration projects within the allotted hours.
- Communicate with the client each step of the way.
- Provide professional support with a detailed wrap up document when the project is complete.
- Manage Tier 2 Office 365 escalations including escalations to Microsoft
- Have a strong troubleshooting background
- Systems administration including: User Management, Backup solution implementation and maintenance, Security solutions, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Understand and be able to Administer SharePoint 2010 for multiple clients
- Understand and be able to Manage Lync for multiple clients
- Understand and be able to Administer Hosted Exchange including PowerShell for multiple clients
- Be able to work out hours and weekends
- Work with team members to flex in and take over issues
- Enjoy mentoring junior engineers
Must have strong understanding of and experience working with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- Workstation OS’s: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 Required (Mac OS a plus)
- Servers OS’s: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- Printers: Setup network printers and configure TCP/IP.
- Application Platforms: Exchange 2007/2010, SQLServer
- Network skills including TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, switching, and VPN solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, and Office 2010
- Advanced knowledge in DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory
- Network Topology
- 3-4 Years of network and server administration with project management experience
- 1-2 Years of working as a Tier 2 Engineer
- Knowledge of network infrastructure including hardware and software
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
The company's technology services are offered on a white-labeled basis to large multinationals and other major companies in the...