The Cloud Transition Manager will be accountable for the overall success of large customer migrations to the xStream Enterprise cloud, acting as both the project manager and engagement manager to the client. The Cloud Transition Manger will act as the single point of contact and ensure high customer satisfaction while driving the timeline to expedite the migration project with minimal risk.
Candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Review the Virtustream planned solution with customer to ensure it meets customer requirements.
• Work with customers in creation of a transition plan including success criteria, key milestones, role definitions, risks and method of ongoing communication.
• Take “Lead” role with Customer and Virtustream teams to ensure proper resource assignments to meet key transition milestones.
• Verify and confirm continued validity of transition constraints (scope, quality, and time) during the transition life cycle.
• Seeks necessary support in removing obstacles to transition progress.
• Report progress and issues throughout the transition process.
• Assist the customer during their application load/test process and ensure timely and effective transfer to ongoing support.
• Develop and manage the customer relationship to understand their business and exceed their expectations.
• Meet internal and external delivery milestones and ensure that client expectations are clearly defined and met.
• Provide a transition to the post-transition support organization at the completion of each transition.
• Ensures completion of transition within specified timeframes.
• Assumes lead role in enhancing the Virtustream Onboarding methodology and supporting procedures
Virtustream (www.virtustream.com ) is a leading enterprise cloud software and services provider. The company's secure high-performance cloud platform, xStream, enables hybrid cloud deployments, supports multiple hypervisors, and is the industry's first to offer a sub-virtual machine pricing model that is truly consumption-based. Virtustream’s team comprises of architects, engineers and developers with deep expertise in cloud migration strategies, cloud platform deployment, enterprise application management and advanced data center technologies.
We lead our suite of offerings with our Cloud Advisory Services providing expertise in the areas of cloud adoption, architecture strategy, migration roadmaps and integration services. Depending on your requirements,
our xStream Cloud Platform can deliver private, multi-tenant or hybrid cloud alternatives, all managed within a single pane of glass. We then maximize your business’s productivity with Cloud Cover , a set of managed services tuned to optimize the way your applications run in a cloud. Since we recognize that “one size does not fit all”, we also provide Cloud Staging & Network Services geared towards colocating physical assets running workloads deemed unsuitable for the cloud yet needing to interact heavily with applications that are running in it. This allows your organization to adapt at its own pace while ensuring integrity, security and performance throughout the transformation.
Virtustream owns and operates its own data centers in the U.S. and U.K., and has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, London, Dublin and the Channel Islands.
Virtustream offers competitive pay and a generous benefit package to all of our full time employees. Benefits are effective the first day of the following month of employment for full time employees and include medical, dental and vision plans paid by the company for the employee, 401K, life insurance, STD/LTD and vacation & holiday pay.
Virtustream is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Virtustream not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. 5+ years in IT
3. 2+ years Project Management
4. SAP Software Implementations and/ Migrations Experience
5. Customer facing experience preferred
6. Data center relocation experience preferred
7. Technical degree or certification is preferred.
8. Capable of managing a high volume workload, delegating where appropriate
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Works well in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
11. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels.
12. Customer Service oriented.
13. Conflict resolution and problem solving are required skills.
14. A working knowledge of the following technical disciplines in an enterprise environment is preferred: virtualization, networking, servers (UNIX/Microsoft), data bases (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle), and/or security.
15. Initiative and ability to work in a self-directed manner.
16. Excellent time management skills (ability to set priorities and manage to them.)
17. Industry recognized technical qualifications
18. Good communications skills, both written and verbal
19. Enthusiasm and drive
20. Good time management skills
21. Ability to work alone and within a team
22. Ability to work toward meeting deadlines
23. Ability to work non-business hours as required
Virtustream Inc. - 16 months ago