WCI Communities creates amenity-rich, master-planned lifestyle communities, catering to primary, retirement and second-home buyers. Dedicated to product and service excellence as a People First® certified company, WCI offers traditional single and multi-family home choices with prices from the mid-$100,000s to just under $1 million. In addition to homebuilding and development, WCI generates revenues from its Prudential Florida Realty business, the second largest residential realty company in Florida; its Wells Fargo-affiliated mortgage services; insurance and title services, and its recreational amenities, as well as through land sales and joint ventures. For more information, visit www.WCICommunities.com.
This position is responsible for the daily and monthly accounting associated with multiple amenity facilities including food and beverage, golf, tennis, fitness, and marinas.
- Prepare all journal entries for JV and non-JV Clubs.
- Process Revenue/Sales journal entries for each Club department (Golf, F&B, Tennis, Spa, Club Services, Admin)
- Process journal entries for various inventories
- Process journal entries for all Club ‘issues’ and ‘employee meals’
- Process journal entries for all reclasses and accruals
- Track and Record monthly amortization of deferred dues/trail fees/membership sales
- Process journal entries associated with managed clubs vs. owned clubs
- Prepare G/L balance sheet account reconciliations. Research any out of balance items & prepare necessary journal entries
- Update excel spreadsheets with monthly activity & tie back to G/L balance
- Sales and Use Tax
- Calculate sales tax collected for month based on G/L detail and reports out of the IBS system
- Transmit sales & use tax via “Trustfile” software by the monthly deadline required by the State.
- Complete excel spreadsheet & forward to the Cash Management Team
- Prepare monthly Commissions for various Club employees
- Update amounts owed on spreadsheet (based on reports out of IBS or tracking sheets provided by club staff)
- Run & distribute monthly financials, variance reports and G/L detail to Clubs
- Handle day to day accounting inquiries with Club members and Club staff (i.e.: phone calls and e-mails)
- Prepare Club Closing Schedule based on the Corporate Schedule & forward to Club staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of club accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as organization and time management skills; successfully handle multi-tasks efficiently and effectively in a busy work environment.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, MS Word, and outlook. Enterprise One (JD Edwards) experience a plus, IBS experience preferred.
- Requires a keen attention to detail as well as customer service skills.
- MUST have accounting AND Club experience. No exceptions.
WCI Communities - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
WCI Communities develops luxury residential communities and homes in Florida. Founded in 1946, it caters primarily to retirement and...