Cleans buses, inside and out, to meet Jefferson’s specified cleanliness standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
? ?Qualification Requirements:
- Safely drive buses into and out of the bus bay, as well as, safely park buses in designated places.
- Fuel buses.
- Dump restroom as reasonably soon as unit comes in.
- Either by hand or with the aid of the automated bus wash, washes front, rear and sides of each bus.
- Hand brush wheels and tires.
- Check the baggage compartments for items that have been left and turn in to Supervisor. Clean the baggage compartment, if necessary.
- Remove all trash and gum from the bus interior including the overhead racks and seats. Remove dirt, trash and gum from floor tracks, side heater and window vents.
- Wipe down interior including the windows, armrests, driver’s seat and dashboard, headrests, overhead racks, and modesty panel. Dry windows and windshields by squeegee.
- Clean window vents
- Clean restroom including the toilet, fixtures and walls. Remove any foreign objects from the toilet, check flush mechanism and add cleaning chemical.
- Re-stock restroom supplies.
- Sweep and mop the bus floor starting in the restroom and working forward.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work under pressure at times and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and remember numbers.
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions and work orders.
- Ability to follow procedures and take direction.
- Capable of learning to maneuver a motorcoach around the lot.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk, bend or stoop, reach with arms and use hands to finger, handle or grasp objects and controls. Occasionally required to climb and to lift or move up to 100 pounds.
This position is an On-Call position. Candidates must be available seven days a week. Hours will vary between two shifts: 6am to 2pm and/or 3pm to 11pm. This position can lead to a full-time opportunity.
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles (emissions).
- Subjected to human waste, dust, dirt and grease conditions.
- Work around moving motorcoaches.
- Frequently works outdoors and is exposed to outdoor weather (heat and cold) conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.