GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.
Operate and monitor equipment in the coal handling department and take appropriate actions to ensure safe, efficient and reliable operation of the systems. Make decisions as related to the day to day operation of the plant coal handling facility and direct others as needed to complete daily requirements.
- Comply with and practice proper equipment clearance procedures
- Unload unit coal trains
- Reclaim and stockpile coal supplies as necessary
- Coordinate with RR personnel on release of unit coal trains
- Maintain coal handling equipment to keep it operating efficiently and reliable
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and environment regulations
- Perform all work and operate all equipment within the guidelines of the safety policy
- Maintain required coal handling documentation including records and log sheets
Education, Licenses/Certificates Required:
- Basic knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to interpret data readings and results of equipment checks to identify equipment or process problems
- Ability to operate heavy mobile equipment
- Thorough knowledge of coal unloading, transfer and storage systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of local alarms and corrective action required for each alarm
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a positive team attitude when working with other team members
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Operate, and direct others, in the operation of coal conveyor systems and heavy mobile equipment. Operate, and direct others, in the operation of railroad locomotives in the course of positioning railcars for unloading and switching railcars as needed
- Position requires working an 8 or 12 hour operational shift schedule, supervision of team member(s) and overtime as required
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year experience related to a material handling facility
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
GDF SUEZ Energy North America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Stooping, crouching or kneeling required to perform many job tasks
- Requires lifting of 40 pounds overhead and 75 pounds from the floor to 36 inches
- Respirator may be required
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work on elevated platforms
- Frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear and walk
- Exposed to hazards associated with coal power plant such as dust, fumes, high pressure steam, high temperatures and confined spaces and subject to external environmental conditions such as cold, heat, noise and fumes from equipment or chemicals
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using our website. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may call 713-636-1900 for possible alternative application processes.
Please visit our website to apply for the position:
GDF SUEZ est un acteur mondial de l’énergie (électricité, gaz naturel, et services à...