PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Coating Operator must be available to work an 8 hour fixed shift, shift time yet to be determined. The Coating Operator will run production orders and accomplish other tasks involving multiple changeovers on high volume high volume adhesive, topcoat, or silicone product lines. The Coating Operator will be trained to run all stations on multiple coaters and should have the capability and skills to train as a line operator or technical coordinator.
• Practice all environmental, health, and safety procedures, practices and policies.
• Multi-skilled operations, which can include machine operation, lab testing, forklift operation.
• Manufacture products to required product specifications.
• Actively participate in supporting the Divisional safety, manufacturing and service objectives
• Perform daily cycle counts on coater to verify inventory on machine.
• Maintain housekeeping on a daily basis to meet department standards.
• Perform duties in a team-oriented environment.
• Perform general maintenance (PM’s) and safety checklists as required to ensure effective operations.
• Responsible for loss minimization in line with department metrics.
• Communicate effectively with all team members and staff.
• Responsible for labeling, handling, management and transport of hazardous waste and hazardous materials.
• Effectively participate in and understand all Standard work associated with job tasks across all shifts.
• Understand and implement ISO 9000 procedures related to role and responsibilities in Coating.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 4+ years experience in a manufacturing plant environment
• Able to work in a fast-paced, highly participative work system.
• Team oriented with highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Innovative, looking for challenges, interested in learning any and all functions within the plant.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical ability, and logical problem solving skills.
Must have experience in complex machine operations such as a coater, laminator / treater, or lathes.
• Mechanical aptitude and strong technical capabilities, ability to think outside box and anticipate issues / needs to keep coater running.
• Possess technical and personal leadership skills to be trained as a line operator or technical coordinator.
• Must regard safety as a core value; must be willing and able to work safely; always wear PPE
• Strong quality & service focus required; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate to team in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated record of embracing and contributing to daily lean Six Sigma processes and tools- managing daily improvement, standard work, etc.
• Must be able to actively contribute in a team based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
• Must have demonstrated record of flexibility and dependability in order to support production and customer focus. Must be able and willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime, including short-notice requests.
• Proficiency with computer applications, especially strong MFG Pro transactional skills.
- Flexible, able to accept and respond to multi-task assignments quickly and readily
- Motivated towards improvements in safety, quality, and productivity, maintains a good consciousness of quality and safety awareness
- Ability to think ahead, anticipates problems, makes decisions, and take appropriate action
- Must have good overall work record
- Prior coating experience a plus
Must be able to lift / push / pull up to 50 lbs.
• Skill set diversification / cross-trained in other areas of the plant.
• Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality System
Physical Work Location:
5750 Heisley Rd, Mentor, OH
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and...