Coatings Formulation Chemist
Successful candidates will plan and conduct research to develop innovative and profitable new coatings products for industrial markets.
· Organize project goals, set milestones and deliver results against aggressive timelines. Coordinate related activities including synthesis, regulatory evaluation and application.
· Develop and test new ideas directed at improving coatings properties to add value through improved performance, ability to meet regulatory requirements, reduced cost or improved efficiency in manufacturing or application.
· Network with other scientists and engineers across R&D and manufacturing to develop products which can transition quickly from the lab to commercial scale.
· Provide technical support to plant technical personnel to speed the commercialization of new products.
- Interact with product management and marketing to propose new projects targeted at traditional Industrial coatings markets and at adjacent markets to provide growth opportunities for the business.
- Interact with field associates and visit customer sites to gain knowledge, requirements and feedback of products.
· Maintain a clear and up to date understanding of the technical literature and the competitive intellectual property.
· Comply with all requirements for laboratory quality and safety certification.
Experience and Education
A Bachelors degree or higher in a technical field such as Chemistry, Polymer Science, Coatings Science, or Chemical Engineering.
Functional and Technical Skills
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with and as a part of a team. Experience with experimental design (DOE); formulation; problem solving are desired. An understanding of chemical manufacturing as it relates to resin, polymers or coatings is desirable.
PPG Industries - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...