Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc. (TEMA)
TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER (TTC)
Cockpit Electronics Development Engineer
position is in the
Electronic Systems 1 (ES1)
Department located at our
Toyota is about opportunity, built around you, where the cornerstones are innovation and continuous improvement.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Cockpit Electronic Development and Strategy
- Development of hardware, software, mechanical and HMI for Multimedia and Body Electronic systems
- Development and packaging of Multimedia components such as audio head units, audio amplifiers, speakers, antennas, and telematics ECU's
- Development and packaging of Body Electronics components such as Meter Clusters, HVAC control panels, smart entry, and interior cockpit switches/buttons
- Support complete development cycle from concept to production
- Regular interface with other development departments, design studio, manufacturing etc.
- Secure all aspects of design quality
- Lead supplier development and strategy
Why work for Toyota
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in design and packaging of parts using CATIA (or similar CAD software)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus project management
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability and willingness to support extended hours communications with suppliers and/or other Toyota locations both domestically and internationally
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
Some of Toyota's outstanding benefits:
- Join a team working to lead the future of mobility by enriching the lives around the world with the safest and most responsible ways of moving people
- Learning is a continuous, company-wide process with exciting opportunities for your career growth and development
Become part of a company committed to maintaining a work culture where differences are respected, where fresh ideas and creativity are nurtured and where opportunity is critical for success
- We're committed to our team members. If you're highly motivated, creative and enjoy working with a cross functional team to influence the research and development of our products, then TTC may be right for you
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health care plans
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Vehicle Purchase and Lease Programs
- Flexible work schedules
- Relocation for qualified moves
- Employee recognition and Company/Team events
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs
- Retirement Plans: 401(k), pension, post-retirement medical options
- Lifestyle (varies by location): On-site credit unions, fitness facilities
Toyota Technical Center (TTC) is a division of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America Inc., established in 1977. TTC's Michigan R&D facilities are located in Ann Arbor, Saline, Plymouth and Livonia. In addition, TTC has testing facilities in Torrance and Gardena, California and a 10-mile oval test track in Wittmann, Arizona.
TTC is engaged in engineering design, prototype building, vehicle evaluation and engineering, materials engineering, powertrain tuning and design, safety/crashworthiness, regulatory affairs and advanced research. TTC has development responsibility for vehicles such as the Avalon, Camry, RAV4 EV, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra and Venza.
Toyota is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workplace.
TTC - Toyota Technical Center
Toyota - 12 months ago
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the finance and...