To provide friendly and efficient beverage service with a smile. Responsible for beverage service to guests in the gaming areas. Works with a point of sale system, accepts money, and makes change.
* Takes and prepares beverage order or relays order to the bartender for preparation if bartender present
* Collects order from bartender, adds appropriate garnish, places on tray, and serves to guests with cocktail napkins
* Computes bill and accepts payment
* Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned (everyone appearing under 30 years of age)
* Removes empty or dirty glasses and bottles and returns them to the bar or kitchen
* Provides every guest with friendly, courteous and timely beverage service
* Keeps service area stocked with supplies and keeps the work area orderly and clean
* Serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
* Provide helpful, friendly service in a timely manor
* Works safely, following all established safety rules and regulations
* Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests
* Follows all relevant policies and procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
* Must be ABC certified at time of hire
* Must be able to push/pull beverage carts weighing 350lbs on casino floor including table games area.
* Must be able to learn the point of sale system and basic guest service standards
* Must be able to perform basic math calculations
* Must possess good communication skills
* Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
* Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
* Must be able to successfully pass a background check and receive a license from the DE Lottery
* Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire
Accountable to: Supervisor Beverage
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.