Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospital" ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Abstracts and codes inpatient and outpatient medical records.
* Accurately codes medical records using the ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding systems.
* Accurately assigns DRG and ASC payment groups.
* Always uses resources to validate clinical information; calls physician's office to validate diagnosis.
* Maintains an average of 25 charts coded per day, keeping coding standard within 24 hours
Communicates with medical staff and revises abstracts when changes are necessary.
* Interacts professionally with physicians and assists with interpretation of abstracts.
* Accurately revises and reprints abstracts.
Lends technical guidance and carries out delegated responsibilities.
* Lends technical guidance, demonstrating a complete understanding of medical record science. Uses good judgment and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
Researches, analyzes and justifies coding changes/revisions recommended by regulatory groups.
* Exhibits thorough knowledge of coding systems.
* Keeps current with all coding updates/changes through Coding Clinics and literature.
* Documents appropriate adjustments to coding according to established department procedure.
Minimum Education & Qualifications
Requires high school diploma. Requires RHIT, RHIA, CCS or a minimum of three (3) years coding experience in ICD-9 CM and CPT-4.
* Requires knowledge of disease process and medical terminology and computer literacy.
Holy Cross Hospital - 10 months ago