The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning ICD-9-CM diagnoses and procedure codes to Inpatient/SDC medical records. The position is also responsible for assigning ICD-9-CM diagnostic, and CPT-4 procedure codes to outpatient records including but not limited to: POV's, CLI's, and ER's for the purpose of providing data to the hospital's patient care information systems, and enabling the generation of the bill for hospital reimbursement. In addition, coder is responsible for all concurrent coding, as applicable, on a daily basis, and to attend biweekly case management meetings as the need arises. Lastly, coder will work the Inpatient/Surgery Bill 49 on a daily basis, and again on the last day of the month for unbilled reporting purposes. Coder will work and alternate functions as needed with coding staff as a member of the HIM team.
Ashley Regional Medical Center is a 39-bed full service hospital that is committed to serving our community with the highest quality services. Ashley Regional Medical Center is JCAHO accredited and named one of the Top 100 Hospitals in America.
We are located in Vernal, Utah - known as an outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uintah Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, hiking, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, snowmobiling and white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer. All of this centrally located between Salt Lake and Denver.
- High school graduate or equivalent required with a minimum of two years experience coding in an acute care setting for both Inpatient and Outpatient.
- Requires certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or CCS from an approved program.
- Must posses knowledge of human anatomy and path physiology
- Knowledge of hospital Health Information Management functions and operations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical are required.
- Previous computer experience required with a minimum typing speed of 35-40wpm.
- Must be able to sit continuously for four to five hours and move a minimum of five pounds to a height of seven feet.
Ashley Regional Medical Center - 23 months ago