As a Coding Associate, you will work under general supervision, assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-9-CM and CPT, HCPCS and any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. This position is open to coders who are new to the field and will offer training in inpatient and outpatient coding procedures.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or eligible, or
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or eligible,
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA), or Certified Professional Coder - Payer (CPC-P) or Certified Professional Coder – Hospital (CPC-H)
- Credentialing requirements to be satisfied within one year of hire
- Equivalent combination of education and/or hospital coding experience, and
- Successful completion of PHNS/DMC coder training program with approval of continued employment after 90 day coding performance evaluation.
- Analytical skills necessary to choose appropriate codes while ensuring optimal hospital reimbursement
- Interpersonal communication skills to function as a coding source to internal and external customers, and interact with physicians regarding medical record information
- Must protect and maintain the confidentiality of patient information and handle with discretion and integrity.
- Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting in a Windows-based environment preferred
Anthelio - 20 months ago
Anthelio is the largest independent provider of "Information Technology" and "Business Process" services to hospitals,...