The Coding Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely coding of basic diagnostic, Evaluation and Management, and procedural services using ICD-9CM and CPT coding conventions. Ensures accurate diagnosis, procedure codes and other specified data to ensure appropriate/optimal reimbursement for facility and/or professional charges utilizing information from medical records and following established methods and procedures.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Medical terminology knowledge and some coding training
· Graduate of an accredited coding program and/or two years of medical billing experience
· CCS, CPT, RHIT, RHIA Certification achieved within 18 months of hire
· Post secondary education with healthcare related curriculum
· Two plus years of medical coding experience using CPT/ICD-9CM
· CCS, CPC, RHIT or RHIA certification
· Experience coding for behavioral health or pediatrics
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
University of Minnesota Physicians - 8 months ago