HEALTHCARE PARTNERS is a top-rated southern-California medical group that is widely recognized for its achievements in clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Founded in 1992, we have grown to provide care for more than 660,000 patients throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties. We own and operate 66 medical offices, and our affiliated physician network consists of more than 6,000 primary care physicians and specialists who represent the diversity of the areas we serve. HealthCare Partners also owns urgent care centers, walk-in care centers, and ambulatory surgery centers. In addition, we operate affiliated physician groups in Florida, Nevada, and New Mexico. HealthCare Partners has been recognized nationally for healthcare innovation and excellence.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you. HealthCare Partners was voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in Los Angeles County and Orange County in 2012.
As part of our continued growth, we are currently seeking to add:
CODING SPECIALIST - TORRANCE
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for facilitating the coding in-service classes for staff and clinicians. Participates in the implementation of the organization’s Coding Proficiency Program. Performs medical chart audits. Interface and disseminate audit results to clinicians and management.
· Conducts coding classes for clinicians, clinical and business office staff.
· Performs medical chart audits meeting minimum productivity standards.
· Trains clinicians on specific coding issues based on medical chart audit results.
· Proactively disseminate coding updates to the clinicians.
· Works with key departments to review and explain medical chart audit results.
· Submits and follows up on query forms to clinicians based on “inferred” chart audit data.
· Maintains an electronic database with the results of all medical chart audits performed.
· Provides updates and status reports to the Manager, Coding Program during weekly department meetings.
· Participates in coding / auditing discussions to ensure best practice efforts and processes are implemented ensuring maximum reimbursement through appropriate coding.
· Submits bi-monthly audit totals to Manager, Coding Program.
· Abstracts and codes Ambulatory Surgery Center charges.
· Stay abreast of industry coding and compliance issues.
· Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
· One or two years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
· Certified Procedural Coder preferred.
· Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding experience.
· 1 year Coding Training experience.
· 5 years Medical Billing Experience preferred.
· IDX BAR experience preferred.
· Clinical experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of CMS coding guidelines.
· Computer literate with medical billing software.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Multi-media projector.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
· Must be able to work independently to carry out work efforts.
· Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program including Health, Dental, Vision, employer-matching 401(k), Continuing Education, Tuition Reimbursement, free Basic Life and AD&D insurance, company paid Long Term Disability, a generous Paid Time Off schedule, and more.
HealthCare Partners - 7 months ago
Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve our patients' quality...