JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
1) Hospital based knowledge/experience in various clinical areas to insure knowledge of hospital workflow.
2) Knowledge of various computer word processing programs in addition to knowledge of AS400 computer system.
3) At least 5 years experience in acute care hospital coding.
4) ICD-9-CM and CPT coding experience required.
5) Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required.
6) Must show initiative and conscientiousness in job, as well as maintain a profession attitude with others.
7) Attend coding workshops and review job related materials regularly.
8) Attend ongoing supervisory education.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
1) High School Diploma preferred
2) RHIT, CCS, and or other coding credential required.
Saline Memorial Hospital - 14 months ago
Saline Memorial Hospital (SMH) is a not-for-profit medical facility serving the western region of Arkansas. The full-service hospital has...