Reviews official medical records with physician/healthcare provider documentation and assigns appropriate codes for all physician/healthcare provider services from current editions of official coding sources. Ensures accurate, complete, and timely code assignments for all physician/healthcare providers.
- Knowledge of the CPT , ICD -CM, and HCPCS nomenclature, coding rules and guidelines.
- knowledge of inpatient and outpatient medical records processing and federal and state reimbursement regulations.
- Perform any duties that are requested by the Supervisor or Administrator.
Eduation and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least two (2) years of coding and reimbursement experience that includes procedural and diagnosis coding.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus successful completion of a recognized procedural and diagnosis coding course.
- At least two (2) years of coding and reimbursement experience in a physician group clinic or academic healthcare setting.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Certification to remain current during term of employment, if applicable.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write clear, concise reports, and business correspondence; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, but will be required to stand and walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly Pay Range
13.16 - 18.78
Monthly Pay Range
2281.07 - 3255.20
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.