Study Activities and Information:|
Job Requirements: Candidate qualifications:
- Study activities involve working independently or if needed, in teams of two interviewers (cognitive interviewer and assistant interviewer) to administer cognitive interviews. The majority of the interviews will be conducted at our office in Rockville, MD with limited off-site interviewing in other locations within the D.C. metro area.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to our office in Rockville MD of other locations as needed.
- Additional tasks will include preparing summary reports, working under the direction of the project study manager.
- Hours will be primarily weekday daytime and evenings hours depending on the need and availability of research participants. There may be some need for weekend availability in order to accommodate research participant’s preferences in scheduling interviews. Flexibility is essential to the position.
- The approximate work period will be November 2012 to May 2013.
Additional Comments: Terms of employment:
- A Bachelor’s degree (desirable fields of study include psychology, education, child development or a related social science).
- Ability to pass routine background check as needed to work with youth.
- Previous experience working with youth in an educational setting a plus.
- Ability to listen and accurately summarize verbal and non-verbal communication from research respondents.
- Prior survey research interviewing experience a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English is a must.
- Advanced computer literacy is a plus.
Preference will be given to individuals who are willing to commit to the full length of the study period and have experience in working on assessments with young people and have a strong interest in the fields of psychology and/or education. These are excellent opportunities for those who are interested in social research and education.
- The positions are temporary, part-time and flexible.
- The pay rate will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter. Please refer to the position in the email subject line.
No phone call please. No third parties.
Quirk's - 2 years ago