Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The Business Intelligence Administrator position will be responsible for the successful maintenance and growth of the Cognos environment. They will work closely within IT to ensure system stability and performance is at the highest possible levels. They will work with the Infrastructure and Architecture teams to ensure the best practices for a BI implementation are followed for both Data Warehousing and Enterprise Reporting. The individual that fills this role will have the opportunity to work closely with a team that encourages development and collaboration with the immediate goal of supporting the BI Team within a Top Fortune 50 company.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Monitor multiple Cognos environments
- Ability to work analytically to solve both tactical and strategic problems simultaneously
- Deploy BI Application reports/packages to all environments
- Proactive approach to BI Application monitoring
- Solving PMRs
- Evaluate, understand and implement patches to Cognos environment
- Ensure environment security follows best practices
- Setup new database connections and security procedures with the BI Applications
- Participate in:
- Cognos architecture
- Cognos query tuning
- Cognos capacity planning
- Work closely with architects and infrastructure groups to ensure system stability and longevity
- Some production support duties during off-hours and weekends
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Must have at least 2 years experience with Cognos BI Administration:
- Ability to install/monitor/update UNIX environment
- Experience with complex mutli-server environments
- Experience with High Availability environments (24/7)
- Fundamental UNIX skills
- Fundamental network and IT infrastructure knowledge
- Strong script writing skills
- Basic understanding of:
- Cognos Suite of Tools
- OLAP analysis and cube development
- Industry tools and standards
To Apply: Email your current resume to ctila @costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience with DB2 or Oracle Databases
- Experience with InfoSphere Cubing Services
- Experience with InfoSphere Business Glossary
- Experience with BrightStar Partners Cognos Tools
- Experience with Roambi
- Experience in the Retail industry
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...